Water tests clean
Alexandria, La. (Nov. 09, 2019)—The boil advisory issued Friday for the area near the 6100 block of Skylark Drive is now lifted for the affected area. The City of Alexandria Water Department made repairs to a 6-inch water main that resulted in the need for a boil water advisory. The State of Louisiana has tested the water, and the results of the tests are clear, according to Utility Director Michael Marcotte.
The Alexandria Water Department has lifted the boil advisory for businesses and residents located in the area described below:
All the properties inside Westwind Subdivision. (Please see attached detail map).
With the lifting of the boil advisory, the City of Alexandria now recommends that businesses and residences in the affected areas:
- Run cold-water faucets for one minute;
- Run drinking water fountains for one minute;
- Flush automatic icemakers (make three batches of ice and discard);
- Run water softeners through a regeneration cycle; and
- Run water coolers with direct water connections for five minutes.