Alexandria, La. (Dec. 18, 2020) — The City of Alexandria Customer Service Office, City Hall and other city offices and departments will be closed on Thursday and Friday, December 24-25, 2020, in observance of the Christmas holidays.
ATRANS Christmas Holiday Schedule
ATRANS bus service will operate from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Christmas Eve (Dec. 24) and will be closed on Christmas Day (Dec. 25). Regular bus service will resume on Saturday, Dec. 26.
Christmas Week Sanitation Schedule
The Christmas week sanitation schedule will run as follows:
• Monday, Dec. 21 – regular pickup
• Tuesday, Dec. 22 – regular pickup
• Wednesday, Dec. 23 – regular bagged leaves/grass pickup
• Thursday, Dec. 24 – closed
• Friday, Dec. 25 – closed
To accommodate for garbage accumulation during holiday closures, trailers will be at the following locations from Wednesday afternoon, Dec. 23, to Monday morning, Dec. 28.
• Bringhurst Ball Field (Masonic Drive)
• Frank O Hunter Park (Willow Glen River Road)
• Bolton Avenue Community Center (315 Bolton Ave.)
• Parking lot behind Smackin’ Mack’s (1707 Metro Drive)
• Martin Park 911 Center (4216 Ellis St.)
• Willow Glen River Road at Third Street (across from 3812 Third St.)
Mayor Jeffrey W. Hall wishes all to stay safe, healthy and have a blessed and peaceful holiday.
The information provided and maintained on this website is believed to be accurate and reliable. However, the City of Alexandria shall not be held liable for improper or incorrect use of any data provided herein.