Sign and Marking Specialist, Traffic
Annual Salary: $30,472.00 Grade: 18 (Employee: 7% on your current salary, whichever is greater; or 10.5% on your current salary, whichever is greater, if position is 3 grades or higher than current position) Appointment to a position in the classified service shall be at the minimum of the corresponding pay range unless otherwise approved.
Examination is announced to establish an employment list to fill vacancies in the Traffic Department and any vacancies as they occur to install, replace and maintain all traffic signs and markings for the Traffic Department of the City of Alexandria. Tasks include; paints and marks parking lots, curbs and crosswalks; cuts limbs and shrubs blocking view of street signs. Assists with set-up of barricades, detours, and related traffic control at special events; assists in closing streets, maintaining cones and barricades, and performing related tasks to ensure visitors’ safety. Work is performed under the supervision of the Superintendent, Traffic and positions are subject to 24 hour call out, seven days a week.
Minimum Applicant Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED; supplemented by one (1) year of experience in street maintenance, with installation of traffic signs, pavement markings, and related duties preferred; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Will be required to obtain a valid State of Louisiana driver’s license at time of appointment and maintain throughout employment.
- Will be required to obtain a valid State of Louisiana Class D driver’s license within one (1) month of hire.
- Must obtain and maintain IMSA Work Zone Safety certification within six (6) months of hire and Signs and Marking Level I certification within one year of hire.
40 hours per week; Subject to 24 hr. call and weekends
Kind of Examination
This examination may consist of a written test, a rating of training and experience, a performance test or any combination thereof deemed necessary to adequately screen and rank applicants. Examination notices will be sent out via email with a testing date, time, and location. Applicants must supply complete and accurate information concerning their previous training and experience including a detailed description of their work experience, the names and addresses of all previous employers and the dates of employment. The information is subject to verification.
Must include copies of driver’s license, diploma, GED, DD214, degree, etc. with application.
Accepting applications: March 22 – April 5, 2023 by 4 p.m. or the first 50 applicants whichever comes first
APPLY ONLINE AT WWW.GOVERNMENTJOBS.COM/CAREERS/ALEXANDRIALA
Civil Service Department Ph. (318)449-5078, Fax (318)449-5232, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The City of Alexandria is an Equal Opportunity Employer.