Electric Plant Operator I, Electric Production
Annual Range: $29,078.40 Grade: 17 (Employee: 7% on your current salary, whichever is greater; or 10.5% on your current salary, whichever is greater, if position is 3 grades or higher than current position) Appointment to a position in the classified service shall be at the minimum of the corresponding pay range unless otherwise approved.
Examination is announced to establish an employment list to fill vacancies in the Electric Production department and future vacancies as they occur to perform routine and moderately complex work involved in the daily operation of a steam driven electric power plant being converted to gas fueled reciprocating engine driven generation at this time.
Minimum Applicant Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED; experience in the operation of a steam-driven and/or reciprocating internal combustion engine driven electric utility power plant; or a combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Experience with Wartsila engines preferred
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- After the commercial operations date of the new units, completion of Wartsila gas fueled stationary reciprocating engine / generator training.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Will be required to obtain a valid State of Louisiana driver’s license at time of appointment and maintain throughout employment for this classification.
40 hours per week; May work weekends and holidays
Kind of Examination
This examination may consist of a written test, a rating of training and experience, a performance test or any combination thereof deemed necessary to adequately screen and rank applicants. Examination notices will be sent out via email with a testing date, time, and location. Applicants must supply complete and accurate information concerning their previous training and experience including a detailed description of their work experience, the names and addresses of all previous employers and the dates of employment. The information is subject to verification.
Must include copies of driver’s license, diploma, GED, DD214, degree, etc. with application.
Accepting applications: Until filled
APPLY ONLINE AT WWW.GOVERNMENTJOBS.COM/CAREERS/ALEXANDRIALA
Civil Service Department Ph. (318)449-5030, Fax (318)449-5232 Email: email@example.com
The City of Alexandria is an Equal Opportunity Employer.