Accounting Technician, Community Development
Annual Salary: $30,472.00 Grade: 18 (Employee: 7% on your current salary, whichever is greater; or 10.5% on your current salary, whichever is greater, if position is 3 grades or higher than current position). Appointment to a position in the classified service shall be at the minimum of the corresponding pay range unless otherwise approved.
Examination is announced to establish an employment list to fill vacancies in the Community Development department and future vacancies as they occur to perform administrative and general accounting work, to process financial documentation, and to maintain financial records for the City.
Minimum Applicant Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED;
- Associates degree in accounting, business or related field is preferred; supplemented by two (2) year(s) of experience in billing, accounts payable and/or receivable or general accounting work; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Must possesses a valid driver's license.
- If license is required, must obtain a valid State of Louisiana driver’s license at time of appointment and maintain throughout employment in this position.
- Applicants should possess strong accounting/math experience, proficiency in Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, and formulas. Good customer service skills are required.
Kind of Examination
This examination may consist of a written test, a rating of training and experience, a performance test or any combination thereof deemed necessary to adequately screen and rank applicants. Examination notices will be sent out via email with a testing date, time, and location. Applicants must supply complete and accurate information concerning their previous training and experience including a detailed description of their work experience, the names and addresses of all previous employers and the dates of employment. The information is subject to verification.
Must include copies of driver’s license, diploma, GED, DD214, degree, etc. with application.
Accepting applications: March 29 – April 12, 2023 by 4 p.m. or the first 50 applicants whichever comes first
APPLY ONLINE AT WWW.GOVERNMENTJOBS.COM/CAREERS/ALEXANDRIALA
Civil Service Department Ph. (318)449-5030, Fax (318)449-5232 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The City of Alexandria is an Equal Opportunity Employer.