Equipment Operator III, Gas
Annual Salary: $31,865.60 Grade: 19 (Employee: 7% on your current salary, whichever is greater; or 10.5% on your current salary, whichever is greater, if position is 3 grades or higher than current position) Appointment to a position in the classified service shall be at the minimum of the corresponding pay range unless otherwise approved.
Examination is announced to establish an employment list to fill vacancies in the Gas Department and future vacancies as they occur to operate heavy equipment and perform manual work functions associated with construction, maintenance and repair of City streets/roads, drainage systems, right-of-way areas, parking lots, parks, recreation facilities, grounds areas, utility systems, or other areas of assignment. Emphasis is on the operation of track or rubber-tired construction equipment with specialized functions related to maintenance and construction activities where the operation of complex mechanisms requires the highest degree of skill, dexterity, and finesse, and where work is performed to exacting tolerances; incumbents may function as lead worker on occasion as needed. Classification is reserved for those positions where operation of included equipment is the primary function of the job. Positions in the Gas and Wastewater Departments are subject to 24-hour call.
- High school diploma or GED; supplemented by two (2) years of experience in the operation of heavy equipment used in roadway repair, maintenance and installation of utility infrastructure (water, wastewater, gas, and electric), or similar work; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class B commercial driver’s license, and any state or federal certifications required in the field of assignment.
- Will be required to obtain a valid State of Louisiana Class B commercial driver’s license at time of appointment and maintain throughout employment for this classification.
- Assignment on some equipment may require a valid State of Louisiana Class A commercial driver’s license and/or special endorsements.
- May be required to obtain Flagging certification.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Gas Department must obtain certifications required from the Office of Pipeline Safety within six months of hire.
- Water Department must possess a valid CDL-A with HAZMAT endorsement. Will be required to obtain a valid State of Louisiana Class A commercial driver’s license with HAZMAT endorsement at time of appointment and maintain throughout employment for this classification.
- Applicants must have experience operating KOMATSU Mini Track Hoe # PC 35 MR and a Ditch Witch Trencher.
40 Hours per Week including some overtime per departmental needs
Kind of Examination
This examination may consist of a written test, a rating of training and experience, a performance test or any combination thereof deemed necessary to adequately screen and rank applicants. Examination notices will be sent out via email with a testing date, time, and location. Applicants must supply complete and accurate information concerning their previous training and experience including a detailed description of their work experience, the names and addresses of all previous employers and the dates of employment. The information is subject to verification.
Must include copies of driver’s license, diploma, GED, DD214, degree, etc. with application.
Accepting applications: Until filled
APPLY ONLINE AT WWW.GOVERNMENTJOBS.COM/CAREERS/ALEXANDRIALA
Civil Service Department Ph. (318)449-5030, Fax (318)449-5232 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The City of Alexandria is an Equal Opportunity Employer.