Engineering Tech II, Utility Services
Range: $33,238.40 – 49,878.40 Grade: 20 (Employee: 7% on your current salary, whichever is greater; or 10.5% on your current salary, whichever is greater, if position is 3 grades or higher than current position) Appointment to a position in the classified service shall be at the minimum of the corresponding pay range unless otherwise approved.
Examination is announced to establish an employment list to fill vacancies in the Utility Services Department and future vacancies as they occur to perform technical engineering tasks at the advanced level to ensure construction activities meet City regulations, including drafting, providing technical support during construction, collecting data and conducting site inspections.
Three (3) years of experience in drafting, CAD and engineering tasks; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or GED, with vocational or technical training in drafting, computer aided drawing (CAD) or engineering design.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Will be required to obtain either a valid State of Louisiana driver’s license at time of appointment and maintain throughout employment.
- Will be required to obtain and maintain specialized certifications and/or training as deemed necessary.
- Utility Services is looking for a utility line locator.
- Position requires 50% or greater in field work.
- Autodesk background preferred.
Kind of Examination
This examination may consist of a written test, a rating of training and experience, a performance test or any combination thereof deemed necessary to adequately screen and rank applicants. Examination notices will be sent out via email with a testing date, time, and location. Applicants must supply complete and accurate information concerning their previous training and experience including a detailed description of their work experience, the names and addresses of all previous employers and the dates of employment. The information is subject to verification.
Must include copies of driver’s license, diploma, GED, DD214, degree, etc. with application.
Accepting applications: Until filled
APPLY ONLINE AT WWW.GOVERNMENTJOBS.COM/CAREERS/ALEXANDRIALA
Civil Service Department Ph. (318)449-5030, Fax (318)449-5232 Email: email@example.com
The City of Alexandria is an Equal Opportunity Employer.