Maintenance Worker, Sr., Water
Annual Salary: $26,332.80 Grade: 15 (Employee: 7% on your current salary, whichever is greater; or 10.5% on your current salary, whichever is greater, if position is 3 grades or higher than current position) Appointment to a position in the classified service shall be at the minimum of the corresponding pay range unless otherwise approved.
Examination is announced to establish an employment list to fill vacancies in the Water Department and future vacancies as they occur to perform semi-skilled to skilled work functions associated with construction, maintenance, landscaping, and grounds-keeping of city infrastructure, utilities, facilities, and property. Positions in the Wastewater Department are subject to 24- hour call.
Minimum Applicant Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED preferred; supplemented by two (2) years of experience in construction and maintenance of public infrastructure, utilities, facilities, and property; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Will be required to obtain a valid State of Louisiana driver’s license at time of appointment and maintain throughout employment for this classification.
- May be required to obtain Flagging certification.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Electric Distribution Department must obtain and maintain a valid Louisiana Class B commercial driver’s license within six (6) months of employment.
- Maintenance of Public Buildings Department must obtain and maintain a valid Louisiana Class D driver’s license within one (1) month of employment.
- Wastewater Department must obtain and maintain a valid Louisiana Class D driver’s license within one (1) month of employment and may be required to obtain and maintain a valid Louisiana Class A or B commercial driver’s license. Prefers a valid Wastewater Collection Class I Certification.
- Water Department must obtain and maintain a valid Louisiana Class D driver’s license within one month of employment and prefers a valid Water Production/Treatment or Distribution Class I Certification.
- Gas Department must obtain certifications as required by the Office of Pipeline Safety within six (6) months of hire.
- Utility Services Department must obtain and maintain a valid Louisiana Class D driver’s license within one (1) months of employment.
- Streets Department must obtain and maintain a valid Louisiana Class D driver’s license within one (1) month of employment.
40- hour work week, 5 days a week to include duty week every 4 weeks including weekends
Kind of Examination
This examination may consist of a written test, a rating of training and experience, a performance test or any combination thereof deemed necessary to adequately screen and rank applicants. Examination notices will be sent out via email with a testing date, time, and location. Applicants must supply complete and accurate information concerning their previous training and experience including a detailed description of their work experience, the names and addresses of all previous employers and the dates of employment. The information is subject to verification.
Must include copies of driver’s license, diploma, GED, DD214, degree, etc. with application.
Accepting applications: Until filled
APPLY ONLINE AT WWW.GOVERNMENTJOBS.COM/CAREERS/ALEXANDRIALA
Civil Service Department Ph. (318)449-5030, Fax (318)449-5232 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The City of Alexandria is an Equal Opportunity Employer.