Trades Worker, Electric Distribution
Annual Salary: $27,726.40 Grade: 16 (Employee: 7% on your current salary, whichever is greater; or 10.5% on your current salary, whichever is greater, if position is 3 grades or higher than current position) Appointment to a position in the classified service shall be at the minimum of the corresponding pay range unless otherwise approved.
Examination is announced to establish an employment list to fill in the Electric Distribution Department, and future vacancies as they occur to perform a variety of skilled maintenance tasks including the installation, maintenance, and repair of a utility system, carpentry, electrical, plumbing, painting and heating and air conditioning repair. Positions in the Gas Department are subject to 24-hour call.
Minimum Applicant Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED; sufficient skilled maintenance experience in area of assignment, such as electrical, natural gas, plumbing, HVAC, carpentry and related areas; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Specific training or certification in specialized trade may be required.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license. Will be required to obtain a valid State of Louisiana driver’s license at time of appointment and maintain throughout employment for this classification. Must possess and maintain any state or federal certifications required in the field of assignment.
- Positions in:
- Electric Distribution Department will be required to obtain a valid State of Louisiana CDL-B commercial driver’s license within five (5) months of hire.
- Maintenance of Public Buildings Department will be required to obtain a valid State of Louisiana Class D driver’s license within one (1) month of hire.
- Zoo Department will be required to obtain a valid State of Louisiana Class D driver’s license within one (1) month of hire.
- Gas Department must obtain certifications required by the Office of Pipeline Safety within six (6) months of hire.
- Water Department requires a valid State of Louisiana Water Distribution Class I certification.
Monday - Friday 7:00am - 3:30 pm; Rotating call, weekends, and holidays
Kind of Examination
This examination may consist of a written test, a rating of training and experience, a performance test or any combination thereof deemed necessary to adequately screen and rank applicants. Examination notices will be sent out via email with a testing date, time, and location. Applicants must supply complete and accurate information concerning their previous training and experience including a detailed description of their work experience, the names and addresses of all previous employers and the dates of employment. The information is subject to verification.
Must include copies of driver’s license, diploma, GED, DD214, degree, etc. with application.
Accepting applications: Until filled
APPLY ONLINE AT WWW.GOVERNMENTJOBS.COM/CAREERS/ALEXANDRIALA
Civil Service Department Ph. (318)449-5030, Fax (318)449-5232 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The City of Alexandria is an Equal Opportunity Employer.