Building Maintenance Specialist, Maintenance Public Buildings
Annual Salary: $30,472.00 Grade: 18 (Employee: 7% on your current salary, whichever is greater; or 10.5% on your current salary, whichever is greater, if position is 3 grades or higher than current position) Appointment to a position in the classified service shall be at the minimum of the corresponding pay range unless otherwise approved.
Examination is announced to establish an employment list to fill 1 vacancy in the Maintenance of Public Buildings department and future vacancies as they occur to perform technical duties in all trade areas to assist in the maintenance and upkeep of all City buildings and facilities.
Minimum Applicant Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED, with vocational or technical school training in electrical, HVAC, plumbing and related trades; supplemented by three (3) years of experience as a general facility maintenance worker; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this job.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Will be required to obtain a valid State of Louisiana driver’s license at time of appointment and maintain throughout employment.
- Will be required to obtain a valid State of Louisiana Class D driver’s license within one month of hire.
- Plumbing experience preferred
40 hours per week
Kind of Examination
This examination may consist of a written test, a rating of training and experience, a performance test or any combination thereof deemed necessary to adequately screen and rank applicants. Examination notices will be sent out via email with a testing date, time, and location. Applicants must supply complete and accurate information concerning their previous training and experience including a detailed description of their work experience, the names and addresses of all previous employers and the dates of employment. The information is subject to verification.
Must include copies of driver’s license, diploma, GED, DD214, degree, etc. with application.
Accepting applications: Until filled
APPLY ONLINE AT WWW.GOVERNMENTJOBS.COM/CAREERS/ALEXANDRIALA
Civil Service Department Ph. (318)449-5030, Fax (318)449-5232 Email: email@example.com
The City of Alexandria is an Equal Opportunity Employer.