Fleet Service Technician, Transit
Salary: $24,939.20 Grade: 14 (Employees: Refer to Civil Service Rule VI.3.1 and VI.17 for promotional rate) Appointment to a position in the classified service shall be at the minimum of the corresponding pay range unless otherwise approved.
Benefits Offered: 23.09% employer retirement contribution; sick and vacation leave; health, dental, vision, and supplemental insurances offered.
Examination is announced to establish an employment list to fill vacancies in the Transit department and future vacancies as they occur.
Kind of Work
The purpose of this classification is to perform skilled and semi-skilled automotive maintenance and repair services on small engines, medium to heavy duty vehicles and equipment.
Minimum Applicant Qualifications:
- HS diploma or GED, along with vocational or technical training in automotive maintenance or repair preferred; 6 months of experience in the routine maintenance of vehicles and equipment; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Will be required to obtain a valid Louisiana driver’s license upon hire and maintain throughout employment for this classification.
- Will be required to obtain a valid Louisiana Class D driver’s license within one month of hire.
- May be required to obtain a Louisiana Motor Vehicle Inspections certification. If required, must obtain within six months of hire.
- Motor Pool Department will be required to obtain a Louisiana CDL-B driver’s license with appropriate endorsements within five (5) months of hire.
- Transit Department will be required to obtain a State of Louisiana CDL-B driver’s license with appropriate endorsements within five (5) months of hire.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
40 Hours per Week
Kind of Examination
This examination may consist of a written test, a rating of training and experience, a performance test or any combination thereof deemed necessary to adequately screen and rank applicants. Examination notices will be sent out via email with a testing date, time, and location. Applicants must supply complete and accurate information concerning their previous training and experience including a detailed description of their work experience, the names and addresses of all previous employers and the dates of employment. The information is subject to verification.
Must include copies of driver’s license, diploma, GED, DD214, degree, etc. with application.
Accepting applications: Until filled
APPLY ONLINE AT WWW.GOVERNMENTJOBS.COM/CAREERS/ALEXANDRIALA
Civil Service Department Ph. (318)449-5030, Fax (318)449-5232 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The City of Alexandria is an Equal Opportunity Employer.