Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day
Please Help Us Dispose of Household Hazardous Waster Properly for a Cleaner, Safer Environment.
Saturday, May 13, 2023 from 9 A.M. to 1 P.M.
City Complex - 2021 Industrial Park Road, Alexandria, LA
What is Household Hazardous Waste?
Household hazardous waste is any product labeled: Toxic, poison, corrosive, flammable, combustible, or irritant.
The health and safety of our families, neighborhoods, and environment are threatened when hazardous waste is improperly stored or disposed.
Household Hazardous Waste to Bring:
Aerosol Cans • Rechargeable & Alkaline Batteries • Bleach & Household Chemicals Electronics & Computers (Limit 5) • Fire Extinguishers • Pyrotechnics Ballast & Fluorescent Bulbs (Limit 25 Tubes) • Gasoline • Kerosene • Diesel Fuel & Oil Expired Prescription Drugs • Mercury-Containing Devices (Thermometers, thermostats, etc.) Paints & Thinners • Lawn & Garden Chemicals or Fertilizers • Tires (Limit 5) Pressure Bottles & Tanks (Oxygen, carbon dioxide, etc.) Propane Bottles & Tanks (Under 40 lbs)
Do Not Bring:
- Major Appliances (Dryers, washers, refrigerators)
- Commercial Waste
- Construction & Demolition Debris
How to prepare your materials:
1. Seal the material in its original container, if possible.
2. Wrap glass bottles in a cloth, newspaper, or other packaging material to prevent breakage.
3. Place material in a cardboard box.
4. Place the cardboard box either in the trunk of the car or in the bed of a pickup truck.
5. Keep material away from passengers.
For Questions or Information, please contact:
Richard Williamson, Environmental Compliance Manager
(318) 441-6017 • email@example.com