Zoo Curator-Health, Zoo
Annual Salary: $41,745.60 Grade: 26 (Employee: 7% on your current salary, whichever is greater; or 10.5% on your current salary, whichever is greater, if position is 3 grades or higher than current position)
Appointment to a position in the classified service shall be at the minimum of the corresponding pay range unless otherwise approved.
Examination is announced to establish an employment list to fill vacancies in the Zoo department and future vacancies as they occur to perform responsible work caring for all aspects of the health and overall well-being of the animal collection.
Minimum Applicant Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED, with vocational/technical training, or college coursework in veterinary sciences; Bachelor’s degree in Zoology or related field is preferred; supplemented by two (2) years of experience in animal health care or related field; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and Veterinary Technician’s license.
- Will be required to obtain a valid State of Louisiana driver’s license at time of appointment and maintain throughout employment for this classification
- Will be required to obtain a valid Louisiana Registered Vet Technician certification within six (6) months of appointment
- Certified Animal Euthanasia License (obtain within one year)
40 hours per week
Must have flexibility to work weekends, holidays, and evenings as needed
Kind of Examination
This examination may consist of a written test, a rating of training and experience, a performance test or any combination thereof deemed necessary to adequately screen and rank applicants. Examination notices will be sent out via email with a testing date, time, and location. Applicants must supply complete and accurate information concerning their previous training and experience including a detailed description of their work experience, the names and addresses of all previous employers and the dates of employment. The information is subject to verification.
Must include copies of driver’s license, diploma, GED, DD214, degree, etc. with application.
Accepting applications: Until filled
APPLY ONLINE AT WWW.GOVERNMENTJOBS.COM/CAREERS/ALEXANDRIALA
Civil Service Department Ph. (318)449-5030, Fax (318)449-5232 Email: email@example.com
The City of Alexandria is an Equal Opportunity Employer.